I’ve had this radio for a couple of weeks and am working on perfecting programming it through the face place. I used to run mobile with a D-Star radio in the mobile and had an issue last year when I was in North Alabama. I wanted to add some repeaters into my radio but couldn’t on the fly because I used programming software and did not know how. So I missed out on being able to talk to folks. I won a Yaesu 7900R at our hamfest last year and learned to program it through the face plate but forgot. I just got this FTM100DR at the beginning of the month. This time, I’m putting the steps to program somewhere I can get to so that I can program it again without having to break out the book every time… These are the steps I’ve captured thus far. To program a repeater into a memory channel:
Start with the radio powered on.
- If in Memory mode momentarily pres V/M to get to VFM mode
- Select the desired band. (Band button if needed)
- Roll the dial to the desired frequency
- Press Setup for at least 1 second
- Roll the dial to select signaling
- MOmen tardily press setup
- Select “SQUELCH TYPE” and momentarily press setup
- Roll the dial to the desired squelch type then press back
- Roll the dial to TONE SQL FREQ or DCS CODE
- Momentarily press Setup
- Roll the dial to select the desired tone squelch frequency or DCS code
- Press and hold SETUP for at least 1 second.
- Press and hold MW for at least one second
- Rotate the dial to the desired channel number
- Momentarily press the SQL button (under TAG on the display)
- Rotate dial to select first character of the tag.
- Press the GM key (under Right Arrow on the display)
- Repeat step16 and 17 until the tag is complete. Alphanumeric character type can be changed by selecting the TXPO button (under A/a on the display)
- After tagging is complete momentarily press setup
- Momentarily press setup again. The radio will change to Memory Mode on the channel you just saved.
This is mainly for my use but it’s here in a public space for others to use too should they need it…